When using an opening tool to construct soil-cement mix columns, the Springsol process includes five steps:
- Installation of a casing,
- Drilling with the tool, which opens once the bottom of the casing has been reached,
- Incorporation of cement grout at low pressure and mixing while drilling,
- Additional mixing while the tool is progressively extracted,
- The tool folds up again for extraction via the casing.
When using with a fixed tool, the Springsol process simply involves low-pressure incorporation of cement grout and mixing during drilling, along with further mixing during extraction.